Shop at our Thrift Shoppe
Our hours and days of service:
Monday through Saturday – 9am to 7pm
Sunday – Closed
Donation Drop Off – 9am to 4pm (Monday - Saturday)
Large Item Donation Scheduling – 505-238-3818
Every purchase at our Joy Junction Thrift Shoppe helps our ministry of serving those who are hungry or homeless. If you are looking for a bargain on clothing, furniture, dishware, small appliances, home décor, toys, games, books, and so much more, look no further!
Our thrift shoppe is located at 11030 Menaul Blvd NE, just west of Juan Tabo (across from the Walmart Market). We gladly welcome clean, gently used donated items that are in working condition and are fully functioning (must not need to be repaired, refurbished, laundered, shampooed, or require stain removal) at this location between the hours of 9 a.m. and 4 p.m., during our regular business days of service. Please deliver the donations to the warehouse that is located directly behind the store.
Our shelter location (4500 2nd Street SW, South Valley) receives donations every day of the week from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Please review the list of items, below, that we do and do not receive, so you will not make an unnecessary trip to the South Valley.
Select items are set aside for our guests to receive free of charge, if they need provisions.
The store has been managed and worked by Joy Junction employees since its inception. It is open from 9:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. Monday through Saturday. It is closed on Sunday.
We receive donation items between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. during the days we are open.
Joy Junction Thrift Shoppe:
11030 Menaul Blvd NE, Albuquerque, NM 87112
Store Phone: 505-877-8971
Donation Phone: 505-238-3818 -- Please call to schedule a large item pick up or for questions about your donation item(s).
***Please review the list of items below that we do and do not receive.***
Donations we do/do not take at Joy Junction
Large Item Donations
Items must be gently used and in WORKING CONDITION ONLY.
The following items are upon Manager’s approval only.
Call 505-238-3818 for approval and large item pick up scheduling.
- Air compressors
- Exercise equipment
- Digital/LED flat screen TV’s (with all power cables)
- Large stereos/speakers (with all power cables)
The following specific large items are accepted at donation drop off locations after phone screening.
Call ahead at 505-238-3818.
Items must be fully functioning – must not need to be repaired, refurbished, laundered, shampooed, or require stain removal.
- Couches (reclining & non-reclining)
- Love Seats (reclining & non-reclining)
- Coffee Tables (styles with or without doors/drawers)
- End Tables (styles with or without doors/drawers)
- Sitting chairs (styles with or without wheels)
- Dining chairs (styles with or without wheels)
- Dining tables (styles with or without wheels)
- Desks (styles with or without doors/drawers)
- Night stands (styles with or without doors/drawers)
- Armoires (styles with or without doors/drawers)
- Curios (styles with or without doors/drawers)
- Hutches (styles with or without doors/drawers)
- TV Stands (styles with or without doors/drawers/wheels)
- Entertainment centers (styles with or without doors/drawers)
- Office chairs (styles with or without wheels)
- Filing cabinets
- Complete headboard & footboard sets
- Book shelves (styles with or without doors/drawers)
- Shelves or shelf units (styles with or without doors/drawers)
- Mobility assistance units: wheelchairs, walkers, canes (in good condition)
Small Item Donations
Gently used donation items, that are accepted without manager’s approval at the donation drop off locations, MUST BE fully functioning items. They must not be ripped, torn, cracked, or broken. They must not need to be repaired, refurbished, laundered, shampooed, or require stain removal.
- Lamps (with or without shade)
- Lamp shades (with or without lamp)
- Booster seats, highchairs, car seats (NON-expired only)
- Gently used laundered clothing
- Gently used clean shoes
- Jewelry, accessories
- Socks (Please pair socks before donating.)
- Underwear/Undergarments (LAUNDERED ONLY)
- Hats, caps, beanies, scarves
- Helmets (with functioning straps only)
- Gently used toys (Clean STUFFED ANIMALS, not ripped or torn, accepted at Thrift Store location ONLY)
- Gently used books of ALL types
- Small appliances – functioning and complete with necessary parts (Unable to accept if appliance has any missing parts)
- All Dishes (Unable to accept broken, cracked, or chipped items)
- Food storage containers, like Tupperware, etc.
- Clean, gently used pots/pans/roasters
- Bakeware, silverware, barware
- Home décor, all wall hangings, artwork, art pieces
- Office supplies or stationary supplies
- Laptops (with cords, chargers, adapters)
- Arts and crafts or party supplies
- Knickknacks, figurines, statues, vases
- Automotive accessories
- Small handheld power tools (working)
- Records/CD’s/DVD’s/games (Unable to accept VHS)
- Stereos, CD/DVD players, clock radios/alarms (working)
- Gently used fully functioning curling irons, hot curlers, blow dryers, electric shavers
- UNopened NON-expired Only of the following: cosmetics, hygiene supplies (bodywash, shampoo, lotion, combs, brushes, foot powder), female sanitary supplies, children’s diapers, or non-perishable food
Donations we are UNABLE to accept
- NO UNLAUNDERED CLOTHING, OUTERWEAR, UNDERWEAR
- NO large quantities of unpaired socks
- NO waterbeds and/or frames
- NO Tires
- NO unopened, used, outdated paint or chemicals of any kind
- NO analog televisions of any sort
- NO typewriters (Unless in antique form)
- NO pianos/organs (Unless manager has already been contacted for approval)
- NO printers
- NO ski equipment
- NO hospital beds
- NO medical equipment or supplies (oxygen units, needles, etc.)
- NO bed frames (must be with complete bed set only)
- NO mattresses outside of packaging
- NO bed pillows outside of packaging
- NO expired car seats
- NO stuffed animals at the shelter (Clean STUFFED ANIMALS, not ripped or torn, accepted at Thrift Store location ONLY)
WE DO NOT ACCEPT THE FOLLOWING ITEMS
- Kitchen cabinets
- Construction items
- High powered tools
We are grateful for any donation, but receiving items which we cannot use at the shelter, or hand out from the Lifeline of Hope truck, or sell in the Thrift Shoppe, puts an added burden and expense upon us by having to dispose of them. Thank you so much for your understanding.