As a 501(c)(3) faith-based church ministry, Joy Junction has been providing the basic physical and spiritual needs of the homeless throughout Albuquerque since 1986. However, we do so without any funding from federal, state, or local agencies; we rely on the generosity of you—citizens, families, and corporations of New Mexico.
Ways to Give
Joy Junction accepts any and every contribution you are willing and able to give, and we try to make the process as simple as possible. We offer a variety of ways to donate to our shelter for the homeless including:
- Financial Gifts: One easy way to contribute to our mission to help the homeless is through a financial gift. You can make this donation through a PayPal account online, a personal check, appreciated securities, real property, and planned or deferred gifts such as wills and life insurance. Any contribution is greatly appreciated.
- Dollar Days Wish List: Our Dollar Days Wish List is a compilation of bulk hygiene items needed in our homeless shelter. You can make a purchase online and have it sent directly to Joy Junction for use by any and all of our guests.
- Volunteer: If you are not financially able to donate to our cause, you are always welcome to contribute your time and talent at the shelter. Come help the homeless by serving lunch, laying out mats, working in the Thrift Store, or completing one of our various other volunteer jobs.
- Donate Clothing, Household Items, Food: In addition to monetary gifts, we are also in need of goods such as clothing, household items, food, furniture, appliances, bedding, linens, and more. We will accept any and every gift you are willing to donate.
- Joy Junction Thrift Store: Joy Junction sponsors a thrift store where guests can go once per month and find free necessities. Many of our donations are placed in the thrift store, so guests can have access to them at any time. As a volunteer, you can opt to work in the thrift store and help guests find what they need.
- Transitional Housing: When an individual or family needs longer term assistance, we offer transitional housing in the former Bandelier Motel. Guests are given a room with a full kitchenette and linens to help them get back on their feet. A portion of your donations may go toward keeping our housing facility stocked and operational.
Contribute to Our Mission to Help the Homeless
Your generous contributions have enabled Joy Junction to help the homeless in and around Albuquerque with the Hand Up they need to get back on their feet. Help us continue to make this ministry of compassion possible by donating any gift you can. Contact us for more information on donating or volunteering.